In the last decade, software development has come a long way. Enterprises now want to lean towards the most advanced software development technologies. One of the priorities for enterprises is to improve their IT roadmap and create software solutions that can transform people’s lives.
Here are some of the most impressive software development stats and figures you should be aware of:
- Over 50% of developers prefer Linux operating system to create software solutions by developers
- On average, completing a software development project can take 1 to 9 months.
- In 2021, the global IT spending on enterprise software was over $500 billion, representing a 10% increase from 2020.
- Around 7% of software developers can develop software with standard features within 2 months.
- In 2020, there was an increase of 25% in open-source software development projects.
- On average, the fixed price of a software development solution can go from $3,000 to $120,000. And this significant price shift depends on the type, timeline, and scope of the project.
- The rise of automation and enterprise data across most industries has accelerated the growth of software development by 12%
- You can expect the software developers to grow to 28.7 million by 2024.
- Data-driven software applications, enterprise software, and external mobile apps that require complex logic can cost over $1 million to develop.
- In 2022, Docker has become the most sought out tool by developers to develop and deploy applications.
- When it comes to software development, over 75% of developers prefer to use PHP.
- On average, engineers with AWS, React.JS, and Google Cloud skills are 2.7 times more likely to land interviews.
- Up to 65% of enterprises outsource services to take care of their software development projects.
- By 2022, MySQL has become the most widely used database technology by developers around the world. Similarly, React.JS, Angular, and jQuery have become top-tier web frameworks by developers.